Skip to main content

Solo Sunday

I feel like in today’s society we’ve been conditioned to believe that being alone is a bad thing. That those who are alone must be lonely, and for that reason people pity "loners."

There is strength in solitude. To be alone is to not be lonely because you always have yourself. In solitude one can discover their truest selves free from all outside influences and noise.

Our truest selves just want to be loved, and it can often be easier to find outside sources that give us the impression of love, but to fall in love with yourself is the most rewarding love of all. If you love yourself you don't need external factors to make you feel complete because you're already full. At the end of the day, the only person who will ALWAYS have your back is yourself.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Let's Pretend

*A story I wrote for my college Sophomore English Creative Fiction Class - My first ever attempt at writing fiction* Let’s Pretend I often wonder what life would have been like if everything went according to plan. That’s the thrill about life I suppose, that one can never expect the unexpected. I try to believe in the philosophy that everything happens for a reason, but on this winter day a blanket of nostalgia wraps around me, and reminds me of his warmth. ♢ I’ll never forget the first time I met eyes with him, I drowned in those luminous blue pools. I was only six and he was eight, but his front left tooth was missing so he looked younger. At first, he didn’t want anything to do with me. He probably wouldn’t remember, but when my ball first rolled into his yard he kicked it back so aggressively he only missed my head by a hair. It wasn’t until I walked up to ask if he wanted to play that his face softened and my heart dove into those eyes. It was a brisk Autumn day, bu...

Story Time: Goodwill

"but what if it doesn't come true?" "Ah, but what if it does!" My entire life I've been an avid thrift shopper. A lot of people don't like to have to hunt to find clothes they like, but for me- that's all apart of the fun. Some people like the risk of gambling at casinos, some with stocks, but my gamble is whether or not I can find what I want for under $20 at a thrift shop. For instance, for the longest time I was searching for a bomber style jacket that could keep me warm during the blistering winter in Flagstaff, AZ. I searched high and low at retail stores but couldn't justify spending $60+ on something that I didn't LOVE. You know what they say, when you know- you know . Anyway, nothing at the mall spoke to me, so I wandered over to Goodwill.  I hoped that they would have the jacket of my dreams, and sure enough in the "Men's" section I found the leather, warm, and cozy jacket I had been searching for. Of course, i...

The Garden

I am whole I am complete I have found peace I've always considered myself an outgoing person. I don't enjoy being the center of attention, but I do enjoy striking up conversations with strangers and soaking up the joy of kindness and solidarity. Although, lately I find myself glancing down when strangers smile at me, or I awkwardly put an end to a spontaneous conversation. I just haven't felt comfortable in my own skin lately.  I mentioned in my "Clarity" blog post the positive changes I've recently made in my life. Along with those, another change I've been trying to implement into my daily routine is positive affirmations. I noticed that my mind has a lot to say, and a lot of what it says is garbage. I want my mind to be less like garbage, and more like a garden.  I'll plant seeds of gratitude, positivity, and light and nourish them with affirmations and self-love. I only want to introduce my garden to things that will make it ...