Skip to main content

Clarity

               
"The wilderness had a clarity that included me"
-Cheryl Strayed, Wild

Lately, I've made some dramatic changes in my life. The first change I decided to make was quitting social media. I believe that social media has both positive and negative effects. For me personally, it was detrimental to my self-esteem because I couldn't stop comparing my life to others.

 Since, I have quit every platform except Snapchat, my life has become more peaceful, my self-esteem has increased, and I am able to be more productive. The second change I decided to make was to quit smoking weed. Marijuana is a wonderful herb with medicinal properties, but since I was smoking it habitually- I believe that I was using it to distract myself from my priorities and feelings.

The last change I've made is to read and be in nature more. Reading other people's stories always offers me hope and inspiration, and nature is healing. These changes have all brought me out of the darkness I was in less than two weeks ago. Less than two weeks ago, I had reached my breaking point and was seriously concerned about my mental state. I'm not suggesting that these changes are the direct link to happiness, because there is no direct link to happiness. However, I would recommend taking a break from all outside sources and diving deep into your own soul to find what truly makes you happy.

When we connect with our deepest emotions and accept who we truly are there is nothing in the world that we cannot conquer because we will always have our own backs. I challenge you to be your own best friend and love yourself unconditionally, because only then will you find the clarity you've been seeking.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ron Hughart

"Everything will work out and there will be more good days than bad ones" I've been reading a lot of non-fiction lately, mostly self-help kind of books. Although, out of all the proclaimed "self-help" books I've read, nothing has pulled at my heart strings like this autobiography. Ron Hughart is an amazingly inspirational person because of the trials and tribulations he has overcome. His autobiography includes his journey of living in a migrant family during the 1940's just after the Great Depression and the Dust Bowl. This book has deeply shifted my perspective on life and has made me grateful for every blessing. To name a few are: having carpet on the floor, a bed to sleep in, clean clothes and water, and food in my belly. I believe this book should be apart of the English curriculum in schools because it is inspiring to everyone, especially migrant families. Hughart represents children whose parents are constantly moving in search for emp

Breaking Spring

After Matt Hart  seems like a good way to say I spent all last week feeling helpless and talking about it in terms of not being I was starting to lose hope that the sun had abandoned us It's easy to focus on the cold when you're surrounded by snow the buds are blooming and like the leaves on the trees I shed my layers I wander and am enchanted by vivid colors Ruby Red, Blushing Pink, and Vivacious Yellow My heart is full the warm sun illuminates my skin and I feel human again I'm alive                I'm alive                                and I breathe The bees are creating new life right before my eyes they're humming a sweet serendipitous song I bask in the warmth of the present moment The bees, the birds, the trees speak to me Blissful and freeing Who has time for fatigue, has time for peace